What is Adventure WV?
The Adventure WV program is WVU’s Award-Winning outdoor adventure education program.
The Adventure WV program serves the WVU student body, WVU staff and faculty, and greater Morgantown community through its First Year Trips, Aerial Adventures, Climbing Wall, Custom Programs, Guided Trips, Workshops & Seminars, Special Events, Equipment Rentals, Facility Rentals, DIY resources and employment opportunities.
The Adventure WV program is a housed in the Office of Student Wellness, a division of Student Life at WVU. The program is run by 10 professionals, 5 graduate assistants and over 100 student staff members. Visit the STAFF page to meet our team.
Who can participate?
- First Year Trips are open to incoming WVU students (first-year and transfer)
- Guided trips and workshops and seminars are open to current WVU students
- Aerial Adventures and Custom programs are open to WVU and the greater community
- Climbing Wall and Equipment rentals are open to Student Recreation Center members and sponsored guests
Are their eligibility requirements?
What does it cost?
Adventure WV offers a broad range of programs and services. Costs vary widely.
- First Year Trips are subsidized, costing either $95 or $0, depending on financial aid status
- Programs and Equipment Rentals are subsidized to be less expensive than commercial vendors
- Climbing Wall use is free for SRC members
How do I get started?
Getting started with Adventure WV depends on whether you are a member of the WVU student community, faculty & staff community or greater Morgantown community.
Incoming Students: Start with a First Year Trip the summer prior to your first year at WVU
Prospective Student Staff: Review our Employment opportunities
Groups Seeking Custom Programming: Visit the Custom Programs page
Individuals (WVU and public) looking for the Zipline Canopy Tour, click here.
Are there rules I should be aware of?
How can I get more information?
Contact us at the information below!