General Shuttle Details
- This program includes a shuttle from the Morgantown Adventure Outfitters location to the Masontown trailhead of the Deckers Creek Rail-Trail.
- Participants will have the option of renting a bike from Morgantown Adventure Outfitters, or bringing their own bike.
- Participants renting bikes will be given 2 hours from the points of drop off to ride the 13-miles back to the Morgantown Adventure Outfitter location. The average ride time for this section of trail is just over 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- All rented bikes must be returned to the Morgantown Adventure Outfitter location upon completion of each participants ride.
- Participants must also complete a rental agreement prior to usage.
All programs will begin at the Morgantown Adventure Outfitters location. Parking
is available at our facility.
What is the price, and how do I regster?
- Participants can visit our online registration site to secure their spot on any upcoming shuttle date
- The base price is $40.00 per person, and includes both a shuttle and bike rental. For shuttle only (rental bike not included), the per person rate is set at $20.00
What is the trail like? What can I expect?
- The trail begins as a compacted limestone surface. Within Morgantown, the trail is paved.
- There is roughly 1000 feet of elevation loss between the Masontown Trailhead and the Morgantown Adventure Outfitters location. This means most of your experience will be going downhill.
- The trail itself can be considered beginner friendly, but the distance between the drop off location and our Morgantown Adventure Outfitter facility should be noted. Overall, it will be a 13 mile one way trip between locations. Portions of the trail, while scenic, are also very remote.
- Considering the distance and trail setting - this shuttle service is best suited for for adults and older children.
- For additional information about the Deckers Creek Rail Trail, visit the Mon River Trails Conservancy website.
What should I bring?
- We highly recommend bringing the following in a small daypack:
- Cell phone
- An extra layer and/or rain jacket
- Closed toe-shoes are also highly recommended
- Each participant will be given a small map prior to beginning their ride back to the Morgantown Adventure Outfitter location.
Where can I find the Morgantown Adventure Outfitter Location?
- Physical Address: 10 Walnut Street, Morgantown, WV 26505
- Parking : Parking is available just in front of the Morgantown Adventure Outfitter facility.
- Phone Number: 304-293-7407
- Email: email@example.com
Have additional questions?
Who can participate in these shuttle programs?
- Everyone! Although this option is best suited for adults or older children, no restrictions with participation are currently in place.
Can I schedule a shuttle outside the regular set shuttle dates?
- Requests for shuttle can be made by emailing MAO@mail.wvu.edu
- Private shuttle requests will be taken on a case by base basis, and are contingent on staffing and transportion vehicle avilability.
Who can I contact if I have a question?
- Phone: 304-293-7407
What if I damage or lose the equipment?
- If the equi pment is returned damaged, users will be subject to a repair fee. If an item is lost or destroyed, a replacement fee will be charged.
- Users should contact Morgantown Adventure Outfitters if they believe they'll have an issue returning their gear.